Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Weeknight Dinner for Two: Broiled Salmon with Steamed Broccoli and Jasmine Rice

I love salmon and can eat it almost every day.  This dish is so simple to prepare.  It's colorful, tasty and full of textures.  It's one of my go-to's for a healthy weeknight dinner.  Even though this dish is easy to prepare, it makes a really nice sit down meal.  It's great for weeknights because it cooks quickly. I can prep while my husband is reading bedtime stories to our son, and then I wait until my son is asleep to start cooking so everything is still warm and fresh when we're ready to sit down to eat.

Ingredients
1 16 oz salmon filet, sliced into 2 evenly sized pieces
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Bread Crumbs (about 1 Tbsp)
Broccoli florets (for weeknights I'll use a bag of pre-cut florets)
Jasmine rice (for weeknights I'll use Trader Joe's frozen Jasmine rice)

Place salmon on parchment lined baking sheet.  Season with salt, pepper, bread crumbs and drizzle with olive oil.  Broil on Hi for 10-12 minutes (keep an eye on it), until the top of the fish is nicely browned and the fish is cooked through (I prefer my top a little on the well done side).  Meanwhile place broccoli florets into stove-top steamer basket and steam until bright green and still crispy.  Serve with rice.






No comments:

Post a Comment